David McKinlay is our latest recruit at fatBuzz, he was thrown in at the deep end with this one because he only started his new role as developer the same day as we recorded this podcast - a big welcome to David, we look forward to his contributions in the future.
As with the last episode I have listed the topics in a slightly different way the feedback seems to be that you liked this method of highlighting the various topics we argue about.
On Social Media Podcast No.40 we discuss the following:
- Google+ - flop, success, slow burner? - we discuss this at length
- Google+ Business Pages - could this be the making of it?
- Facebook - the new Timeline
- Social Media Privacy Settings - an even greater need to take control
- Google Music and Google Video - the latest news
- Google App Store, iTunes and iCloud - what's been happening
- Spotify, NetFlick,ILoveFilm - they all get a passing mention
- Steve Jobs - A sad loss
- Social Media Strategy - why you must have one
- QR Codes - A look at Dean's new Recipe Book and QR Codes
- Touchnote - they're doing Christmas Cards
- Banjo App - Iain explains what it does
- SiRi - why it can't find www.fatBuzz.com
- UVoucher - Iain gets cheap Pizzas
- CardMobili - Iain explains this pretty pointless App
- AA Safety Cameras and Cams Ahoy - Why Gordon doesn't need such Apps
- Sky+ and SkyGo - what's happening with these new versions
- Smartr and Xobini - how the curate your engagement
- Aura PR - We answer Laura's question about using video for business
- iPad - Should Apple go cheap to protect market share - a good argument to finish
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.
You can also follow the Social Media Podcast on Facebook now - visit and "Like" the new Social Media Podcast Facebook Page HERE.