The edition does tend to focus a lot of Facebook; largely because we had just completed three "Facebook for Business" New Media Breakfast in the preceding six days! In that period we had all attended the Entrepreneurial Exchange Conference at Gleneagles where much of the speaker's content was about the use of social media in their businesses.
We also discuss the relevancy of your community and the need to develop a following that is relevant to your business and, the usefulness of Twitter and Facebook Lists.
We talk about a couple of influential social media business people, Michelle Mone of Ultimo and Richard McKay of Richard McKay flooring.
Other subjects include:
- Tommy Sheridan blogging from jail (But now he isn't!!!)
- Groupon's timing on going to the market
- Glasgow's Great Deal and Edinburgh's Great Deal
- Facebook Deals
- Facebook Sponsored Stories
- The diabolically bad Facebook Mobile Platforms
- QR Codes - Mitch Joel's blog about how they can create a negative experience for a brand
- Gaynor MacIntyre of MacIntyre's of Edinburgh and her QR Code
- WAZE - An application for traffic management using Geo-Tagging and Twitter
- Cloud Computing, Apple iCloud, DropBox, Google Cloud etc.
- Two Boys Opera and the viral video - Can I be Your Friend?
- Personal Branding Online with Jennifer Holloway
- To book a 1to1 meeting with Jennifer email email@example.com
- Our new Social Media Podcast Facebook Page
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.
You can also follow the Social Media Podcast on Facebook now - visit and "Like" the new Social Media Podcast Facebook Page HERE.