Taking part in Social Media podcast Episode 43 we have Gordon White, Kyle Murdoch, Kirsty Hunter, and Iain Murray.
This one was recorded last thing on a Friday and that weekend feeling was already setting in while we were taking a look at recent events, news and updates in the world of social media. This light hearted exploration of all things social takes in a number of interesting topics and throws up the usual variety of opinions.
On Social Media Podcast No.43 we discuss the following:
- The Steve Jobs doll - We start by clearing up a question from the last podcast - can you patent a person?
- Lead Generation - Kirsty finds some survey results from Hubspot about which social media platforms businesses find most effective for lead generation. Link to article
- Social Media Profiles - Recent cases where employers have been taken to tribunal for using information gained on social media platforms when considering candidates for jobs.
- Freedom of Speech - Does the law interfere too much in what's said on social media platforms?
- Facebook IPO - Are we about to see a new much more commercial model from Facebook and, is Sponsored Stories already going too far?
- Scottish Independence - Does Facebook's love affair with Ireland indicate the way forward for Scotland?
- Shazam - A great new way to link off-line and on-line activity
- Augmented Reality - We explore lots of great examples of practical, (and some not so practical uses of augmented reality.
- Pop-Up Books - Could these be a threat to traditional publishing in the future. Link to Pop-Up Book video feature on Digital Buzz
- Business Cards of the future - Great idea for business cards with video content! Link to YouTube Video
- Nissan's new augmented reality App - Choose the colour and spec of your car via Nissan's new App. Link to YouTube video about Nissan's App
- Audi's augmented reality App - Another car manufacturer using the latest technology to preview its cars. Link to Audi's App video on YouTube.
- ARMES using augmented reality in the architectural industry - Could this spell the end for model makers? Link to ARMES Video on YouTube
- IKEA's iPhone App - Choose your furniture and see what it looks like in your home before you buy. Link to IKEA video on YouTube
- Phoenix Car - Phoenix Car take a new approach to content. Link to Phoenix "I want to go green" blog post
- Kindle - Bring technology to every generation.
- IonRoad - A really pointless App (unless it knows how to work the foot pedals!!!)
- GPSTuner - An almost pointless App!!!
- TweetDeck - It wasn't broken so why try and fix it?
- Symantec got hacked - PC Anywhere ended up everywhere!!!
- Apple iPad3 - Liesten to what we would like to see it do
- Phone Colours - Should men be allowed to have white phones?
- Windows 8 Tablet - What will it include and, will it spell a revival for Nokia?
- Groupon, is the bubble is burst? - Groupon don't deliver on what they said they would... again!
- Great Service deserves a mention - Well done Moo and Kimtag
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.