This week a blog post promoted on Twitter became a global news story and it happened right here in Scotland. BrewDog, a small Scottish brewer, had a fight with the mighty Diageo.
A genuine David vs Goliath and we decided Goliath was the clear winner!
Listen to the podcast to find out why.
Taking part in Social Media podcast Episode 46 we have Gordon White, Kyle Murdoch, Kirsty Hunter, Iain Murray and a special guest, Gillian Linch or latest intern.
EEJIT (ee-jit) Dialect, chiefly Scot. ~n. 1. idiot, simpleton, one not possessed of all their mental faculties; one who is unable to properly conduct their own affairs.
I'm not entirely sure why I was given this mug to drink from! You can purchase the mugs online here
As you can imagine, much of this podcast is about the social media implications of the BrewDog story but we do manage to cram in some other great chat from the world of social media including the following:
- The new Facebook App store - Another place to find pointless Apps!
- LogosQuiz by AlicoD - A fun way to test your brand awareness
- Twello - A directory for businesses on Twitter - but, is this social?
- Quora - What's happened to it?
- Mon.ki - A Google Chrome add on that enables relevant Twitter messages to appear on your search pages
- Facebook Offers - How it works and, its viral possibilities
- Facebook Offers - The real debate is a nuisance and will it put people off Facebook?
- Google+ - Public hangouts or, should it be public hangings?
- The New Media Breakfast - Contently Managed MD, Craig McGill and his forthcoming presentation about how the Whisky Industry uses social media
- Facebook - A US Sheriff fires 6 staff for "liking" the Facebook pages of his political opponents
- The Instagram Camera - A truly "iconic" design
- Twitter - Were you one of the 55,000 whose data was breached?
- Pinterest - Is the spamming issue costing them users?
- Interactive Coat Hangers - Whatever next?
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.