As usual, we have some lively debate and chat around the world of social media and we bring you some useful examples of social media campaigns that have gone well, and some that have not gone so well.
Friends Reunited #RememberWhen campaign run at a recent charity ball when they used disposable cameras and a hashtag to engage people both on the night and, on the Friends Reunited platform. Here is a picture of the Friends Reunited cameras that were used at the Cash for Kids Ball which ultimately raised £250,000 ($403,000) for charity.
HELP US WITH OUR 50th EPISODE
The next Episode is No.50; we would like to make it a special edition by getting some comments from you - these can be sent by email, Twitter or, posted on the Social Media Podcast Facebook page. Better still, why don't you send us a short audio message and we'll play it on the podcast - send audio messages to email@example.com
Podcast No.49 is packed with great conversation and information from the world of social media - there's also the normal banter and light hearted fun you expect when the Social Media Podcast team get together.
There's a lot in this one including:
- Audi's ProgressIs campaign - What lessons can we learn from the competition and the two finalists, John Garcia and Jet Set Brunette?
- The fatBuzz Training Day for charities, oversubscribed but we may have some good news for the charities on the waiting list!
- iPhone 5 - Leaves its mark, but is it different enough?
- Samsung vs Apple, the battle rages on
- Will Microsoft's phone be the next big player?
- Friends Reunited - their interesting #RememberWhen campaign
- Iain's a finalist in the National Geographic Photographic Competition - does he need our votes?
- 12 Principles of Social Media Marketing - we discuss an excellent blog post from Jeff Bullas
- Bing teams up with Klout - are these 'scoring' sites of any real value?
- Social analytics tools - are they an expensive luxury?
- ROI - Are your expectations and goals realistic?
- Facebook features strongly in our discussion including the following: Facebook Gifts, Facebook Offers, the alleged Facebook fail
- Facebook also loses a clients' Facebook page and they wont respond to us - is the real price of 'free'?
- TV hit series, Once Upon a Time's Fan Club adopt With Kids as a their Charity and raise lots of money online after watching a video of Robert Carlyle on YouTube. We discuss the global donations for this small but worth while Glasgow charity.
- Facebook pass 1 billion users but are more than half their users still frustrated with Facebook's mobile experience?
- Pinterest - great for certain brands but are people realising the potential?
If you would like to donate to Gareth Hughes Once Upon a Fan campaign for With Kids, you can do so at the Just Giving Page here
We hope you enjoy the podcast, if you have any comments to make or topics you would like us to discuss please leave them here on the blog or on our Facebook Page.
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.