It may also be a first for the Social Media Podcast that we managed to keep the chat to under an hour but, riveting none-the-less!
One thing we must apologies for is the hissing sound in the background of some of this recording; we were attempting to try out a new Blue Tiki USB Microphone while simultaneously recording using our usual equipment, what we didn't realise was the Blue Tiki was causing some interference with our normal recorder. We've cleaned up the sound as best we can and hope it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the podcast too much.
Even though we got this recorded in record time we did manage to squeeze in lots of chat and hopefully some interesting information. Derek begins by updating us on the topic of the last podcast about kids using social media before we move on to a range of interesting subjects, here are some of the things we talk about:
We explore lots of things including:
- The recent changes on Facebook and a drive to raise revenue
- Facebook's lack of transparency about future features - is this good for brands?
- The new Facebook App
- The apparent increase of video content being shared on Facebook
- Tweetdeck- Is it on its last legs?
- Tablets - Are they on their last legs - Gordon suspects they could be!
- iTunes, and in particular, podcasting gaining in popularity
- Football clubs are going global with social media
- Why footballers need much better training
- Is there such a thing as a social media fail?
- YouTube gets a Norwegian footballer in on the game
- As You Like It Holidays use social media to recruit ambassadors
- Jet2 Party Plane promotion
- Why KLM fly around airports doing kind acts
- Jennifer Holloway's new book is published - Personal Branding for Brits
- Are Apps on the wane?
- Adobe Creative Cloud has a silver lining
We hope you enjoy the podcast, if you have any comments to make or topics you would like us to discuss please leave them here on the blog or on our Facebook Page.
Play the podcast here:
Play the podcast here:
HAVE YOU LISTENED TO THE DIGITAL COPYRIGHT PODCAST?We continue to see people using images, video content and other files taken from the internet without consideration to potential copyright issues. We would encourage all of our listeners to download Social Media Podcast 50 which clearly outlines what you should and shouldn't do with images sourced online. Find it on iTunes now.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US TO TALK ABOUT?
If there is a specific topic you would like us to cover in a future podcast please let us know. You can email email@example.com or send us a message on Twitter @MediaPodcast or, you can post it as a comment on the Social Media Podcast Facebook page.
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your on-line community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.